A work group is a group of 4-15 people that want to come for a designated period of time and serve our programs! These can be churches, youth groups, school groups, or groups of friends that are interested in serving La Puente’s various programs and learning more about our mission and the clients we serve.
Groups can stay anywhere from a couple days to an entire week. During their stay, they engage in a variety of projects, such as cooking meals at our Shelter, sorting through donations at Rainbow’s End, gardening, serving as a Big Buddy with our PALS Children’s Program, or painting one of our Adelante homes. Many of these projects would not be completed without the help of work groups.
La Puente’s work group schedule fills up quickly, so make sure you book early. Many groups book their spring break and
summer trips up to a year in advance! To schedule your trip contact the Volunteer Coordination Office at 719-587-3499.
1) Who will be the contact person for your group?
2) What is their phone number and/or email address?
3) What is the estimated number of participants and the name of your group?
4) You are welcome to find your own lodging, or La Puente can provide lodging at one of our local churches
5) We charge $25 per person per day of service.